Sunday, April 16, 2023

Affirmations

 

Courage starts

With showing up

In the den of the hibernating bear

And letting yourself

Be seen.

 ________

Conscious breathing

Is my anchor

At the bottom

Of the ocean.

 ________

I am in the right place,

[A heroin den}

At the right time,

[It’s 2 a.m.}

Doing the right thing.

[Selling life insurance]

 ________

The perfect moment

Is this one.

 

No, it’s this one…

No, this one…

How about this one?

I can’t keep up!

 _________

I am deliberate

And afraid of nothing

Said the knife, still dripping

In her cold, dead hand.

 

I say looking on the

Bright side of life

Never hurt anybody,

(Except the one afraid of nothing.)

 _________

Open your heart and drink

In the blood of this

Glorious day.

 ________

Your perspective is important.

It’s unique and it counts,

Said the mirror to its image.

 _________

Nothing can dim the light

From within…

Except the dimmer switch

In the front hallway.

 ________

I’m better than I was yesterday,

But hopefully not as good

As I’ll be Tomorrow,

When I’m the pitcher.

What?

He’s on second.

I don't know...

THIRD BASE!

 _________

Embrace the glorious

Mess that you are

The Hoarder said.

 _________

I have never, ever

Focused on the negative thing.

I always looked at the positive.

She lied.

--JDBV

No comments:

Post a Comment