Sunday, April 28, 2013

Color Theory

NaPoWriMo, Day 28



Color Theory


Blacker days see scales of gray,

Save words on a page not much has changed.

Lilac tips brush skies this day.

Blacker days, see scales of gray.

Purple-prosed petals blow this way.

Wheels splash pigment seas; a vibrant range.

Blacker days – see scales of gray.

Save words on a page, not much has changed.


© Julie Bartha-Vasquez, 2013


Notes on the Poem:
This is today's poem, which means I'm all caught up. Yay me. My choice of imagery is a complete coincidence with the NaPoWriMo writing prompt to write a color -- I actually wrote the a first draft of this yesterday. Serendipity strikes the poet. Woo-hoo! -- got to write a poet-y sounding sentence in an everyday context that make sense. Yay me again! 

I was originally pondering -- now that the month is coming to an end -- how much I was going to miss having Poetry Month as an excuse to inflict my writing on the interwebs every day. But the prompt this morning did help me focus the poem imagery. And I wrote it in the form of a triolet, my newest new favorite form. It was a prompt from earlier this month I had wanted to try, but got sidetracked from actually doing.--WNG

No comments:

Post a Comment